Perth Bouldering Championship 2013
It’s time to get excited. The City Summit Perth Bouldering Championship for 2013 is landing on April 13, 2013. This is the competition that is just the beginning to put WA climbing on the national stage. To register your place, just fill out your details below, click send and we will send you all the details.
This competition is open to climbers from 5 to 85 years and all levels so even if you think you aren’t at competition level but can see a future for yourself in competitive climbing then this is the perfect chance to get started and experience what is involved. Plus by registering as a competitor you can enjoy a complimentary weber lunch and raffle ticket for door prizes.
Spectators can enjoy the action from the Cafe mezzanine or behind the barrier on the climbing floor. There will be prizes up for grabs by purchasing a raffle ticket plus other goodies in store for the day. Lunch and refreshments can be purchased from the cafe and vending machines. Places will be limited so arrive early.
The competition will be divided into four categories; Men’s Open (ages 18+), Women’s Open (ages 18+), Junior’s (ages 13 – 17), Kid’s (under 13’s). The competition will also feature a Competition Pool, whereby competitors can register a pool of up to 10 climbers (minimum of 6 climbers) including a captain. Competing in a pool allows you to compete in the main competition as well as earn bragging rights against your friends to see who is best on the day with some great prizes up for each Pool nominated. The Pool is not a team against team competition, rather an opportunity to compete against friends within your own team. Please check out the Competitor Pack for all competition details including rules and regulations.
The total prize pool for the day is over $8000. Competition and Team Pool prizes will be awarded based on points but you can still try your luck with the door prizes by purchasing a raffle ticket on the day. There has never been a better time to get amongst competition climbing in Perth.
Men’s & Women’s Open Division will each receive:
- First Prize will get you $300 cash, a 6 month membership at City Summit plus Black Diamond gear; Drop Zone Crashpad, Chalkbag and Brush Kit. You will also get a pair of your very own Red Chili Matador VSR (or Corona), plus a $200 voucher to use on Scarpa and Edelrid products. Total value of over $1400.
- Second Prize will get you a 3 month membership at City Summit plus a pair of the latest Evolv Sharman climbing shoes, a Black Diamond Chalkbag and Brush Kit, plus a Dead Point Crashpad from Edelrid. Total value of $850.
- Third Prize will receive a 3 month membership at City Summit plus a Wild Country Boulder Bag, 350g Chalk pack and brush. Total value of $280.
- First Prize will get you a 6 month membership at City Summit and a pair of your very own Evolv Sharman climbing shoes. Plus you will receive a kit from Black Diamond that includes a Chalk Bag, Chalk and Brush Kit. Total value of over $600.
- Second Prize will receive a 3 month membership at City Summit plus a kit from Wild Country that includes Boulder Bag, 350g Chalk pack and Brush. Total value of $250.
- First Prize winners receive a 6 month membership at City Summit plus Black Diamond Chalk Bag, Chalk and Brush Kit. Total value of over $400.
Door prizes will be awarded to those who have purchased a raffle ticket on the day. Pool prizes will be awarded to team winners. Prizes include; Wild country boulder bag, brush and 350g chalk pack, RedChili Stickers, Wild Country Chalk Shots, Edelrid Cosmic Chalk Bag, Edelrid Chalk Bag, Edelrid Chalk Powder 250g, Edelrid Boulder Brush, Contact Hangboards, Simulator Hangboards, Project Hangboards, Rock Rings, City Summit Passes; 5 visit passes, Climbers Yoga passes, Private Tuition lessons, ClimbFIT classes.
Spectators can enjoy the outstanding performance on display by the competitors plus the bonus sideline events planned for the day. Spectators can enjoy free entry and the opportunity to win awesome door prizes for $2 per ticket. Local DJ’s will spin some cool beats plus loads more planned for the day so don’t miss out.
Competition Day Format
7:30am Kid’s Registration closes
7:45am Qualifying Round commences
9:30am Kid’s Finals
10:30am Kid’s Award Presentation
10:30am Junior’s Registration closes
11:00am Qualifying Round commences
3:00pm Junior’s Finals
6:00pm Junior’s Awards
Men’s & Women’s
10:30am Open Men’s & Womens Registration closes
11:00am Qualifying round commences
3:00pm Open Men’s & Women’s Finals
6:00pm Open Men’s & Women’s Award Presentation
Competition Registration Form
To register, complete your details below and click send. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours and instructions on how to complete the registration process by payment of the registration fee. Competition Entry costs: General $30, City Summit Paid Members and CAWA Members $25, Kids (Under 13 yrs) $20.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Contract Conditions for use of City Summit Facilities
In these conditions:
“Activities” means any use of the Facilities in any way whatsoever.
“Facilities” means all the equipment, climbing walls, ropes, harnesses and all and every other piece of equipment in City Summit premises.
“I” means personally or by his/her parent or guardian.
“City Summit” means City Summit ABN 56 170 522 907, and includes it’s staff whether officers, employees, instructors or guides.
1. I understand that the Trade Practices Act 1974 implies into this contract with City Summit that I will have the benefit of certain warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified and in particular warranties that:
1.1 The service to be supplied by City Summit will be rendered with due care and skill and that any material supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for which the purpose they are supplied, and
1.2 Where I make known to City Summit, expressly or by implication the particular purpose for which I require the services or the result I desire the services to achieve, the services and any material in connection with those services will reasonably be expected to achieve that result, except where the circumstances show that I do not rely or it is unreasonable for me to rely on those skills or judgement of City Summit.
2. Except to the extent that I have the benefit of those warranties, I hereby waive any or all other rights and any claims resulting there from that I may now and in the future have against and release from all liability whatsoever City Summit for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as result of my participation in Activities provided by City Summit, or taking place on the property belonging to City Summit, due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitations, negligence at common law on the part of City Summit.
3. I am aware that the Facilities, in addition to the usual inherent risks, have certain additional dangers of which may include:
3.1 Physical exertion for which I am not prepared
3.2 The use of climbing equipment which if used incorrectly fails to perform its designed purpose.
4. I accept all the inherent risks of the proposed Activities and acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement is in part derived from the inherent risks incurred by participation in an activity where risks are greater than the accepted safety of life at home or at work
5. In entering into this contract, I am not relying on any oral, written or visual representations or statements by City Summit or any other inducement or coercion to participate in the Activities, and do so of my own free will.
6.1 We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information you provide to advise about and assist with your adventure and climbing interests. We do not trade, rent or sell your information
7. I confirm that I have read:
7.1 The above and understood this contract prior to signing it and agree this will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors and administrators
7.2 The Rules and Regulations displayed on the notice board relating to the Facilities at City Summit and agree to be bound by them
8. I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the law in force in the state of Western Australia