Western Australian Lead Championships 2014
Tie up your laces, strap up your velcro and pull on those slippers, because it’s time to climb. The City Summit Western Australian Lead Championships will hit the stage on October 25, 2014. To register your place, just fill out your details below and click send.
The competition has a category for competitors from all ages and all levels. Whether you’re a budding young climber keen to push the ranks, or a seasoned explorer, entering the competition will give you the opportunity to compete against other West Australian climbers that share a passion for lead climbing.
For those that haven’t yet caught on to the magnificent sport of climbing, there is room around the gym to spectate some of the best lead climbers in the state. There will also be raffles, door prizes and other goodies throughout the event. Lunch and refreshments can be purchased from the café and vending machines. Room is limited so arrive early.
The competition will be divided into eight categories;
Open Men’s (Ewbank 24+)
Open Women’s (Ewbank 22+)
Intermediate Men’s and Women’s (18 and older)
Junior Men’s and Women’s (17 and younger)
Masters Men’s and Women’s (born 1974 or before)
Prizes have been generously provided by:
- Wild Country
- Red Chilli
- Powerballs WA
Don’t be fooled by the name, there will be much more to do than spectating. With door prizes and raffles running throughout the day, great food to be eaten and local DJ James Broome on the decks, even if you aren’t climbing there’s a lot to do.
Saturday, October 25
9:00am Qualifying commences
Sunday, October 26
Semi-finals and Finals
10:00am Semi-finals commence
1:30pm Finals commence
Competition Registration Form
To register, complete your details in the link below and click send. You will then be contacted to arrange payment of entry fees. Competition entry cost is $35 per competitor.
Registration closes 10pm, Wednesday October 22nd
Registration on the day will cost $45 per competitor.
Contract conditions for use of city summit facilities
In these conditions:
“Activities” means any use of the Facilities in any way whatsoever.
“Facilities” means all the equipment, climbing walls, ropes, harnesses and all and every other piece of equipment in City Summit premises.
“I” means personally or by his/her parent or guardian.
“City Summit” means City Summit ABN 56 170 522 907, and includes it’s staff whether officers, employees, instructors or guides.
1. I understand that the Trade Practices Act 1974 implies into this contract with City Summit that I will have the benefit of certain warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified and in particular warranties that:
1.1 The service to be supplied by City Summit will be rendered with due care and skill and that any material supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for which the purpose they are supplied, and
1.2 Where I make known to City Summit, expressly or by implication the particular purpose for which I require the services or the result I desire the services to achieve, the services and any material in connection with those services will reasonably be expected to achieve that result, except where the circumstances show that I do not rely or it is unreasonable for me to rely on those skills or judgement of City Summit.
2. Except to the extent that I have the benefit of those warranties, I hereby waive any or all other rights and any claims resulting there from that I may now and in the future have against and release from all liability whatsoever City Summit for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by me as result of my participation in Activities provided by City Summit, or taking place on the property belonging to City Summit, due to any cause whatsoever, including without any limitations, negligence at common law on the part of City Summit.
3. I am aware that the Facilities, in addition to the usual inherent risks, have certain additional dangers of which may include:
3.1 Physical exertion for which I am not prepared
3.2 The use of climbing equipment which if used incorrectly fails to perform its designed purpose.
4. I accept all the inherent risks of the proposed Activities and acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement is in part derived from the inherent risks incurred by participation in an activity where risks are greater than the accepted safety of life at home or at work
5. In entering into this contract, I am not relying on any oral, written or visual representations or statements by City Summit or any other inducement or coercion to participate in the Activities, and do so of my own free will.
6.1 We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information you provide to advise about and assist with your adventure and climbing interests. We do not trade, rent or sell your information
7. I confirm that I have read:
7.1 The above and understood this contract prior to signing it and agree this will be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors and administrators
7.2 The Rules and Regulations displayed on the notice board relating to the Facilities at City Summit and agree to be bound by them
8. I agree that this agreement shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the law in force in the state of Western Australia